Instascale 1.0.2 VST AU Win Mac 32 64 bitPosted on Sunday 2016/06/26 (16250 Views)
Instascale (former Scale Player) is a one of a kind midi processor plug-in that allows you to play different scales in any key and mode using the idea of relative notes rather than static note values.
The plug-in calculates the intervals between pitches based on the selected scale and the user can move up and down the scale playing melodies, arpeggios or even chords using a few keys.
The result is an unusual way of playing instruments, which can be fun, inspirational and much easier to play since you don't have to worry about hitting the wrong note, memorizing all the scales in all the keys and practicing complex riffs and phrases that can be a challenge to play the usual way.
Instascale is a new kind of instrument that like any other instrument may take a bit of time to learn and master, but it will be a rewarding experience. It's ideal for live playing and with some practice you can play complicated licks and phrases that would impress anyone.
Here is the full resolution (%200) Screen Shot.
Price: 69 USD (might be a discount)
Buy from our partners at W.A.Production
How does it work?
Instascale works as a VST instrument and AU MIDI processor plug-in. It receives midi data from the controller and swaps it with the processed data. In VST mode the output can be routed to any other instrument in the host application using DAW's internal functions. The AU version works as a midi effect in hosts like Logic Pro x that supports the type.
There are 16 playing keys that are actually being used to play the target instrument. What these keys do and where they're placed on the controller can be customized. They can have static offset values like 'Home' or a relative one like '+2' or '-3'. Using this offset value and the previous note, the plug-in calculate the actual note the key plays. you can read more about the playing keys in the next section.
In addition to playing keys there are some control keys that can be used to change and control some of the parameters of the plug-in like scale and octave directly from the MIDI controller. You can read more about the plug-in in the manual.
• Scales: A list of commonly known and used scales such as Major, Minor, Melodic Minor, Harmonic Minor, Spanish, Arabic, Major Pentatonic, Minor Pentatonic, Blues, In Sen, Hirajoshi and more.
• Edit or Add Scales: Users can edit existing scales or add their own scales (Full version only).
• Home Note: The home note can be changed from root to some other note on the scale making it possible to play different modes.
• Playing Keys: For each 16 playing keys, there are two menus. The mapping menu, and the action menu. First one determines where the key is placed on the controller, and includes a list of MIDI notes. The second menu determines what the key does and includes some static and some relative options. You can read more about the playing keys in the reference section of the manual.
• Control Keys: There are several control keys that can be set and used to improve live performance. These keys provide an easy access to control and change the scale, octave, root and home parameters using midi notes on the controller.
• Poly: Multiple notes can be played at the same time.
• Map Playing and Control Keys: Scale Player allows users to change the default settings and map all the keys to desired midi notes.
Instascale Change log:
v1.0.2 - 7/16/2018
• Fixed few bugs with preset manager.
* Next and prev buttons will circle the list when they reach the end.
* Save button will save the preset in right sub-folder instead of root folder.
* Return (enter) key will save the preset and ESC key will cancel it when rename box ison focus.
* Load preset and save as preset option will navigate to the right sub-folder by default.
V1.0.1 - 6/8/2018
• New feature: %200 UI scaling.
v1.0.0 - 6/1/2018
Scale Player Change Log:
Version 1.0.4 (Dec 28, 2017)
- Various loading/lunching/GUI bugs are fixed.
- New price.
Version 1.0.3 (Nov 9, 2017)
- Fixed: AU verification error in Logic.
• Fixed: AU will not appear as an instrument plug-in.
• Fixed: Few GUI bugs.
• Code optimization.
• Updated the manual.
Version 1.0.2 (June 8, 2017)
• Added 6 new scales.
• Bigger and enhanced GUI.
• Fixed: Scale menu bug.
• Fixed: Save/load issues with AU.
• Fixed: GUI initialization bug.
• Code optimization.
• Stopped building VST3 due to MIDI issues wit the format.
Version 1.0.1 (March 2017)
• New options for action keys:
1.Home Dont Play: Resets the position but doesn't play anything.
2.All Notes OFF: Send off messege for all 'ON' notes.
• Output MIDI Keyboard: Helps visualize the scales and whats being played.
• Includes Installer and Online authorization now.
• Minor improvements and bug fixes.
*This update effects the projects saved by the v1.0.0. So you have to manually correct the settings in v1.0.1.
Version 1.0.0 (Oct 27, 2016)
- Fixed: Pitch bend and other MIDI messages didn't pass through.
• Fixed: Home + Octave and Home - Octave didn't return the correct note in the scale.
• Fixed (Not in VST3): Switching to process while there was On notes caused them to stick.
• Fixed: Shifting virtual keyboard returned incorrect labels.
• Fixed: Choosing off in some menus returned a wrong respond.
Version 1.0.0 beta 5 (Oct 2016)
A lot has changed in this update new features have been added.
- VST3 and AU support.
- Offsets for playing keys can now be customized, plus more options to set them to. Each of the 16 keys can be set to any of the offset values from the list. So there are more possibilities like having multiple keys with the same offset value
- Virtual keyboard. Makes it easier to find and set the keys and see what they're doing.
- Midi Learn for mapping controls more easily.
- Repeated notes wont choke each other anymore.
- Switch keys for octave and scales.
- Minor changes in Scale Editor.
Version 1.0.0 beta 4 (Sep 2016)
- Edit or add new scales.
- 5 new scales.
- 5 more slots on scale menu.
- Home note can be offset up to 12 now.
- Minor changes in default preset and mapping.
Version 1.0.0 beta 3 (July 1, 2016)
Be aware that this is still a beta release so there might be changes in the final release and may effect your saved projects.
- Optimized both PC and Mac versions.
- Problems with windows are solved.
- Minor bug fixes.
- Users Manual is updated.
- You can only play C Major scale (Plus its modes).
- Editing scales are disabled.
Download the version 1.0.0 here.
Download the version 1.0.1 here.
Download the version 126.96.36.199 here.
Download the version 188.8.131.52 here.
Download the version 1.0.4 here.
Note: OSX users please use the VST version when possible, AU MIDI effect is only supported by few hosts like Logic Pro X.
• MAC OS X 10.7 or higher.
• WINDOWS 7 or higher.
Download and try the demo version from the link blow.
File size: 15.8 mb.